• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#161 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

locked at the boot animation. when i run utility it tells me that cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery, and cdrom all say INFOPreflash validation failure

locked at the boot animation. when i run utility it tells me that cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery, and cdrom all say INFOPreflash validation failure

hence the main secure code written to efuse.......sucks. hopfully we find a way around this....waiting on some updates as far as swapping cdt files and such...

#162 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

did it take the phone back to 6.14.84?

It took me back to the last condition my phone was in so I am still on the leak but it was much easier to get out of soft brick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#163 TwoBuells

TwoBuells

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

It took me back to the last condition my phone was in so I am still on the leak but it was much easier to get out of soft brick.

good to know, thanks
Better to be a Racer for a moment, Than a Spectator for a lifetime.

#164 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I was bored tonight so i decided to go ahead and see if my device was one of the few lucky ones that could fastboot with rsd. Of course like many others rsd failed at step 6. However, instead of looking for a solution to fix my now sift bricked phone i decided to play tech dr and figure it out on my own. And...my phone is back up and running like normal with root. It was sooooo much easier than this thread described.

Here is what i did.

Once i was soft bricked, i powered phone off. Pressed both volume buttons while powering on to bring me back to the menu with recovery, ap fastboot, etc. Then i simply moved down to the second to last option that said something like "HW....AP BOOT". Selected this and let the phone do its thing and it repaired itself. I am back to normal and still have my root.

So basically you skipped wiping cache

#165 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

So basically you skipped wiping cache

Basically he ran the hardware diagnostics tool off the boot menu and it fixed the bootloader without having to reflash .85 back on.

Seems kind of odd to me that no one discusses the extended boot menu options and the hundreds of additional fast boot commands.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#166 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Can anyone link me to matt's utility v1.51 WITHOUT the fastboot files? It seems kinda pointless to download TWO 1 GB files when I only need one...
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#167 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Basically he ran the hardware diagnostics tool off the boot menu and it fixed the bootloader without having to reflash .85 back on.

Seems kind of odd to me that no one discusses the extended boot menu options and the hundreds of additional fast boot commands.

Interesting. If the need arises, I'll try this method.

I've seen the long list of fb commands posted on droidhive but have no idea of what they do.

#168 20ripley

20ripley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

took me back to .84

#169 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

I will be testing as soon as i get home today. oldirtygrizzly got a ol dirty black screen lol. Fingers crossed!!! should have just brought my phone to work to do this :/ grrrr. im stuck with my old droid x with a cracked screen until i fix my razr...ugh lol

#170 shawnlee6184

shawnlee6184

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

wont work trying to use the file i installed 85 with keeps aborting. any help with restoring im stuck. any word on a tool for rsd coming out soon for all users that arent on stock for ics ota

#171 footballbmb9

footballbmb9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Can anyone link me to matt's utility v1.51 WITHOUT the fastboot files? It seems kinda pointless to download TWO 1 GB files when I only need one...

If you dont already have .181 dl the just dl the utility 1.6 it already has them built in... if you do have that i dont know about finding one without the fb files in there...

#172 thearchie

thearchie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:thearchie32@gmail.com
  • Locationspanaway

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Nevermind.lol...I did have the right blur file...It worked after I wiped date and cache instead of just cache. Phones not bricked anymore. I gotta go to verizon and pick up a new sim card cuz I switched over to the droid x. I guess everytime you switch phones and switch back to razr, you gotta get a new sim card everytime.lol Well thanks for all the info and help.

#173 decentralize

decentralize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hi folks) Yesterday I got a brick. but today I restored it with the help ofthis manual.
At first I used Mattlgroff's Droid RAZR Utility 1.6. Yeah, I got an error. but I did not pay attention to them.
Then I put on a memory card file Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
and flash it using the recovery.There were no errors. Everything was clean.This works for me.
Thank you all!

#174 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

Hi folks) Yesterday I got a brick. but today I restored it with the help ofthis manual.
At first I used Mattlgroff's Droid RAZR Utility 1.6. Yeah, I got an error. but I did not pay attention to them.
Then I put on a memory card file Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
and flash it using the recovery.There were no errors. Everything was clean.This works for me.
Thank you all!

You went from .84 to .181?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#175 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

You went from .84 to .181?

That's the .84 or .85 ota ics update.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#176 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

That's the .84 or .85 ota ics update.

X

Yes i know but maybe i read it wrong it sounded like he bricked then went back to 181 from 84/85 which no one has been able to do yet. I didn't have any coffee yet when i read it.....lol

#177 decentralize

decentralize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

reference to the 0,84

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Butfor some reason she called Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
I came from .181 to 0,84

#178 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

this worked amazingly. only difference is the ICS files that are posted up on here were not working for me. turns out i had to use the ICS files that i used from ICSInstaller v1.2. after i put those files from that utility on my sd card. Everything worked fine.

#179 applesucksballs

applesucksballs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Worked like a charm!!! Didn't even need to run .84 install twice!!!

#180 djuniah

djuniah

• Developer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Just wanted to say that I've been working on some hacks/rom stuff for 84 and no matter how bad i've screwed it up, this method has worked EVERY time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users